Practice Areas: Telecoms, IT & Data Protection, Mergers & Acquisitions/Privatisation, Corporate & Commercial Law, Public Procurement & PPP/Infrastructure, Environment
Phone: +40-21 202 5900
Fax: +40 21 223 04 95
Address: 43 Aviatorilor Boulevard, 1st District, Code 011853, Bucharest, Romania
Bogdan – Petru Mihai has an experience of over 17 years with Mușat & Asociații being recognised as one of the most valued attorneys in the areas of Telecommunications, Media, IT and Data Protection. Bogdan joined the legal team of Muşat & Asociaţii in 2000, immediately after graduating from Law Faculty. Throughout his legal practice, Bogdan provided legal advice in relation to the purchase of various telecom operators in Romania and advised high-profile companies with operations at international level in legal matters related to the provision of IT services and software. He acted on a number of Romanian privatizations, having a wide and considerable experience of the due diligence process, drafting and negotiating transaction documents as well as providing post-acquisition legal advice. In addition, Bogdan delivers regular legal assistance services in the field of Public Procurement, Corporate and Commercial Law, as well as in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Master Degree in Business Law conferred upon him by the Law Faculty within West University of Timişoara (2001)
- Law Degree – Alexandru Ioan Cuza Police Academy (1999)
- Legal Experience: 17 years
- Experience within Muşat & Asociaţii: 17 years
- Partner, 2017 – to date
- Managing Associate, 2015- 2017
- Senior Associate, 2007 – 2015
- Associate, 2000-2007
- English, French and Romanian
A selection of Bogdan’s relevant recent mandates includes advising/representing:
- The largest software for mission-critical applications producer in Romania with respect to the EUR 22,000,000 software development agreement concluded with the Romanian railway passengers company CFR Calatori and one of the leading computer and servers producers, having as object the production and implementation of a railway transportation software system for ticketing operations;
- The leading Internet-based retailer worldwide in relation to data Protection matters including day-to-day legal issues;
- An American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products in relation to various legal issues including E-commerce European Directive implementation in Romania, and day-to-day legal assistance;
- One of the largest American multinational technology company with regard to various E-Commerce legal issues, including cross-border application of relevant legislation;
- An American video-sharing website in relation to the launch of youtube.ro channel in Romania;
- A South Korean multinational electronics company in relation to regulatory issues concerning the deployment of several projects in Romania, such as Social Hub, Bada Server, Find Buddy, A-Store;
- The leading GSM telecommunication provider with respect to various legal issues (including regulatory) related to the supply of telecommunication services;
- The financing transaction by which a provider of a complete range of wholesale voice, data and internet services, established a telephony network using DECT technology;
- The Romanian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and the General Inspectorate of Communications in conducting legal and legislative research as part of a major project for the re-evaluation and harmonization of communications legislation in Romania;
- The Romanian division of the largest software producer in the world with respect to the standard license agreement, as well as regarding consumer law and legal review of various contracts;
- The leading Spanish rolling stock manufacturer in awarding a multi-million Euro procurement agreement, for the supply of subway cars to the Bucharest subway company.
- The Romanian Government in relation to the sale of its shareholdings in Romtelecom to a strategic investor or via an IPO.
- Providing day by day legal assistance to leading international IT corporations such as Google, Amazon, Capgemini, Apple, AT&T Global Network etc., as well as to various major telecom & media local companies.
- Romanian Bar Association (Admitted 2000)