Areas of practice: Real Estate & Construction, Criminal Law/ White-Collar Crime, Corporate/Commercial Law, Dispute Resolution
Phone: +40 21 202 59 00
Fax: +40 21 223 04 95
Address: 43 Aviatorilor Boulevard, 1st District, Code 011853, Bucharest, Romania
For over 17 years, Alexandru has become known for his experience representing national and international clients in criminal litigations including white-collar crime, charges of fraud, bribery, embezzlement and money laundering.
Alexandru provides specialized assistance and representation both in front of the prosecution bodies and of the relevant courts of law in Romania, ranging from the lower courts up to the High Court of Cassation and Justice, including the Constitutional Court, achieving remarkable results in high important projects that include economic crimes, tax evasion and money laundering, cybercrime and corruption cases, as well as legal assistance to companies that are subject to criminal or administrative investigations.
Career & Qualifications
- Masters’ Degree in Advanced Criminal Sciences – “Transilvania” University of Brasov (Faculty of law) – 2015
- Law Degree – University of Bucharest, Faculty of law – 2002
- Legal experience: 19 years
- Experience with Muşat & Asociaţii: 5 years
- Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2022 – present
- Managing Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2017 – 2021;
- English, French and Romanian
A selection of the most relevant recent mandates includes:
- Assisting and representing the leading company in the oil refinery business (Romania), in a highly complex case, involving tax evasion, money laundering, asset freezing measures being imposed on the goods and stocks of the company, with an estimated prejudice of EUR 1,4 billion.
- Assisting and representing the leading player on the Romanian energy and gas market, in various complex criminal files, both in front of the criminal investigation authorities and of the Criminal Courts of Law, involving also complex settlements of damages claims.
- Assisting and representing the Financial Supervisory Authority, in a criminal file regarding offences of abuse of power in respect with the transfer of the shares of an insurance company.
- Assisting and representing a leading manufacturer and supplier of high-tech, rolling stock and rail solutions, in connection with corruption charges against public authority officials regarding public procurement of over EUR 300 million.
- Assisting and representing the national distributor of MAN trucks and the most important dealer of BMW automobiles, in various complex criminal files in front of the criminal investigation authorities, involving tax evasion.
- Assisting and representing one of the largest Romanian retailers, in connection with a complex criminal file arisen from corruption charges in relation to a large commercial and real estate transaction.
Assisting and representing several important public officials in front of the national courts of law, in white collar criminal files.
- Romanian Bar Association (Admitted in 2005).
- Speaker at the National Conference of Criminal Business Law, Ninth Edition, organised by „Universul Juridic” Publishing House (2021)
- Speaker at the ETICA Forum, an event for ethics & compliance in medical practice (2019)
- Speaker at the National Conference of Criminal Business Law, Third Edition, organised by „Universul Juridic” Publishing House (2018)
- Co-author “EPPO regulation in Romania. A new chapter in criminal investigations of frauds with EU funds”, In-House Lawyer Magazine, winter edition 2021. In-House Lawyer Magazine is a leading international magazine from the same publishers as The Legal 500
- Co-author “Tax evasion – criminal or civil sanctions”, Which Lawyer Romania, 2021
- Co-author “Romanian criminal judicial bodies must comply with fiscal courts’ final judgments”, Legal Business Magazine, South-East Europe Feature, July / August 2021. Legal Business Magazine is a leading international magazine from the same publishers as The Legal 500.