Areas of practice: Restructuring & Insolvency/ Bankruptcy, Taxation, Mergers & Acquisitions/Privatisation
Phone: +40 21 202 59 17
Fax: +40 21 223 04 95
Address: 43 Aviatorilor Boulevard, 1st District, Code 011853, Bucharest, Romania
Cristi has been advising our clients for more than 10 years now in the largest and most complex restructuring mandates of our firm. During this time, he has been acting both as economist and accountant and as insolvency practitioner, also taking on the role of judicial administrator and liquidator in multiple restructuring and insolvency procedures involving our clients’ interests in Romania. Cristi is appreciated for his analytical and critical thinking and his thorough understanding of industries such as infrastructure projects, energy, transport, construction, services and technology.
Cristi is also an author and speaker on matters of restructuring and insolvency.
- Postgraduate Diploma in European Economics and Finance – Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchange – Bucharest University of Economic Studies (2008);
- Economics Degree in Finance and Banking – Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchange – Bucharest University of Economic Studies (2005)
- Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii – Restructuring\Insolvency, March 2020 – present
- Managing Consultant, Muşat & Asociaţii – Restructuring\Insolvency, January 2018 – February 2020
- Senior Consultant, Muşat & Asociaţii – Restructuring\Insolvency, February 2014 – December 2017
- CFO, Muşat & Asociaţii, August 2012– January 2014
- Accountant, Muşat & Asociaţii, March 2006 – July 2012
- English, French and Romanian
- Representing the largest Romanian electricity producer during its’ voluntary winding-up and bankruptcy. Our mandate covered the complete liquidation process, including the assets realization strategy and addressing all concerns relating to the company and debt recovery. So far, more than 17 million euros were paid to the creditors.
- Administrating the bankruptcy procedure of one of the largest local construction companies. Previously we represented the company in the observation period. The total amount of creditor’s receivables requested during the procedure amounted to roughly EUR 100,000,000.
- Representing one of the largest Romanian companies operating in the field of maintenance of electrical networks, both in the judicial reorganization procedure and in the bankruptcy procedure stage. The assistance during the reorganization phase was aimed at preparing the restructuring strategy, drafting the reorganization plan, carrying out a comprehensive analysis of the legal and economic activity of the company in order to maximize the debt recovery process, managing the assets problems and capitalizing the assets. During the bankruptcy period, the mandate consisted in preparing the strategy of liquidation of the company’s assets, successfully completing the collective dismissal procedure, debt recovery actions and the management of current operations.
- Representing an important company that activated in the transport and distribution of electricity sector. We are conducting the liquidation process in order to cover as much of the total amount of claims of more than RON 14 million.
- Representing one of the most successful real estate company in the Northern part of Romania. We are implementing an unprecedented strategy of covering the entire amount of claims within the observation period which requires a lot of work and creativity.
- We created a reorganization plan for one of the most important infrastructure construction company from Transilvania which can lead to payments of approximately Euro 10 million. To this we add the success of maintaining alive a company that currently pays all of taxes and keeps an important number of employees.
- Representing a major local service provider in the hospitality industry. We assisted with all steps of the restructuring process, leading to a successful outcome.
- Representing two companies dealing with buying/selling/renting real estate. We supervised the companies’ activities throughout the observation period, analysing the feasibility of a reorganization plan and the bankruptcy proceeds.
- We work with the Germany-based global provider of plasma proteins therapies and diagnostics to recover multi-millions of Euro of commercial debts from a Romanian pharmaceuticals distributor, including the assistance and representation against the former management of this company within the liability claim.
- Advising the world’s fourth largest retailer, a German company present in Romania since 2005. The mandate consisted in legal assistance and representation during the insolvency procedure against an important entrepreneurial and project management company in the field of constructions and installations located in Brasov, for recovering significant secured receivables.
- Assisting a leading real estate investment group, during the insolvency procedures initiated against debtors, arising from the infringement of a FIDIC construction agreement, with aggregate claims of approx. EUR 21.000.000.
- We successfully recovered commercial debt on behalf of a Swiss-based manufacturer of compression socks and stockings during the insolvency proceedings of a Romanian distributor of medical products.
- Advising a leading French fire safety company, in relation to the insolvency procedure of the main manufacturer of electronic security systems in Romania. This resulted in the recovery of significant debts and the repossession of equipment granted to the debtor.
- Consultancy granted to a major insurance broker, in the bankruptcy proceedings of two insurance companies in order to recover important debts.
- Advising a major local bank, on the complex legal issues to recover important receivables during the insolvency procedure against one the bank’s clients.
- Assisting a major Romanian IT company, throughout its insolvency procedure, restructuring the company and optimizing its core activity.
- Representing a major Romanian IT – HUB Company, throughout its preventive arrangement proceedings and in negotiating a mutual arrangement in court with the Company’s creditors, including major local banking entities.
- INSOL Europe (2018);
- C.E.C.C.A.R. (2013);
- U.N.P.I.R. (2010).