Deputy Managing Partner
Areas of practice: Mergers & Acquisitions/ Privatisation, Banking/ Finance & Capital Markets, Energy & Natural Resources, Corporate & Commercial Law, Insolvency & Bankruptcy
Phone: +40 21 202 59 00
Fax: +40 21 223 04 95
Address: 43 Aviatorilor Boulevard, 1st District, Code 011853, Bucharest, Romania
Mr Răzvan Stoicescu’s seniority in the legal profession exceeds 15 years, being specialized in Merger & Acquisitions, Banking, Financing & Capital Markets, but also Telecom & IT and Restructuring & Insolvency. He was involved in top projects, developed by prestigious international institutions in the financial sector, but also by legal entities owned by the Romanian State. He advised a significant portfolio of international-level clients (financers, borrowers, issuers, etc.) in relation to issues pertaining to the financial & banking and capital markets sectors – domestic and international financing, structured products, derivatives, regulations in the financial & banking and capital markets fields. Răzvan is also known for his expertise in mergers & acquisitions and, in particular, for his capacity of analysis and innovative solutions in structuring such transactions.
- Law degree, University of Bucharest (2003)
- Legal experience: 15 years
- Experience with Muşat & Asociaţii: 5 years
- Deputy Managing Partner: 2018 to date
- Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2014 – 2018
- Partner, Bulboacă & Asociaţii 2010-2014
- Senior Associate, Bulboacă & Asociaţii 2007-2009
- Associate, Linklaters 2003-2007
- English, French, Italian and Romanian
A selection of Răzvan’s recent mandates include advising:
- The largest natural gas producer in Romania, as issuer, in an initial public offering by the Ministry of Economy through the Department of Energy of 15% of the company’s shares, admission to trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and the simultaneous listing of global depositary receipts with respect to such shares on the London Stock Exchange. By means of this IPO, Romania raised almost RON 1.7 billion (€390 million).
- A leading international manufacturer of glass and plastic products on a high yield bond offering of €250 million – 8.25% Senior Notes due 2018 by its wholly owned subsidiary. The notes are guaranteed on a senior basis by the client and certain of its subsidiaries. Additionally, he advised the client on its entry as guarantor into two new €25 million senior revolving credit facilities.
- Two leading global investment banks as initial purchasers in a high yield bond offering of €245 million Senior Secured Notes due 2019 by the financial subsidiary of a leading Central European chemicals company.
- The Romanian State in connection with various Eurobonds issues totaling € 1.750 bln and other matters of capital markets.
- A leading international banking institution as lender for a €20 million financing to a global leader in the manufacture of aerospace products.
- An important Romanian developer of infrastructure associated communications networks on telecom regulatory matters and litigation against key telecom operators and the Romanian telecom regulator, ANCOM.
- A global aircraft operating lease company on matters of Romanian law concerning leasing of aircraft, rights in aircraft, guaranteeing of obligations, and matters of repossession in connection with the lease of two aircraft to a Romanian counterparty.
- Bucharest and Romanian Bar Associations (Admitted 2004)
- National Insolvency Practitioners Association (Admitted 2010)
- Highly recommended – Capital Markets (Chambers Europe, 2014)
- Highly recommended – Banking & Finance (Chambers Europe, 2014)
- Leading Lawyer in Project Finance ( IFLR 1000, 2013)
- Leading Lawyer in Banking (IFLR 1000, 2012)
- Leading Lawyer in Project Finance (IFLR 1000, 2012)
- Coauthor of the Romanian chapter of “Aircraft Finance: Registration, Security and Enforcement” and “Aircraft Liens” compendium by Thompson, Sweet & Maxwell (2010-2014)
- Reviewer and commentator on the regulations for registration of aircraft of the Romanian Civil Aviation Authority (2013-2014)
- Răzvan Stoicescu is an “extremely responsive“. Source: Chambers Europe 2015
- „Superb capital markets lawyer” Răzvan Stoicescu is recommended. […] The banking and finance team advises on all matters related to project finance, restructuring, insolvency, and capital markets. It recently advised Credit Suisse Securities and Barclays as initial purchasers on a €245m high-yield bond offering, and advised Frigoglass on a €250m high-yield bond offering and refinancing. Its high-profile client roster also includes Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan and ING Bank. Source: Legal 500, 2014
- Notable practitioners: Răzvan Stoicescu is appreciated by clients for his “excellent legal work” and responsiveness. He advises on financing transactions, derivatives and regulatory issues. Source: Chambers & Partners Global & Europe, 2014
- Notable practitioners: Department head Răzvan Stoicescu is noted to be an impressive capital markets practitioner, with clients highlighting his ability to “navigate issues and difficulties in a way that deserves praise.” He specialises in aviation, IT&C and data protection. Source: Chambers & Partners Europe, 2014
- Răzvan Stoicescu, who provides ‘good and commercial advice’ and is ‘a pleasure to work with’. It advises Verizon on regulatory and data protection issues, and acts for Disney on electronic content issues in Romania. Source: Legal 500, 2014
- “Răzvan Stoicescu is a very good lawyer, with a thorough knowledge of Romanian law and excellent command of English. He is proactive and problem-solver”. Source: Legal 500 EMEA, 2013