Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- February 17, 2017 Bucharest, 16 February 2017: Mușat & Asociații consolidates its collaboration with Emerson by the assistance provided to Emerson Oradea S.R.L., one of the Romanian subsidiaries of Emerson Electric, world leader in the field of production and technology, in respect of the separation of the activities related to the Leroy – Somer and Control Techniques divisions ... READ MORE
- January 30, 2017 Bucharest, 27 January 2017: Numerous entrepreneurs, Chief Operating Officers, Financial Managers and tax specialists within large companies in Romania have found out from Mușat & Asociații – Tax Advisory experts which are the most controversial subjects in the tax field at the beginning of the year. During the conference organised in Bucharest, on the subject “2017 ... READ MORE
- January 12, 2017 Bucureşti, 26 Ianuarie 2017 – Află cum te afectează cele mai recente schimbări privind simplificarea sarcinilor administrative în materie de TVA, precum şi armonizarea fiscală la nivel european. Eşti interesat să înţelegi care sunt noile tendinţe în abordarea inspecţiilor fiscale şi ce ne aşteaptă în anii care vin din punct de vedere al taxelor? READ MORE
- December 22, 2016 Bucharest, 14 December 2016 – Mușat & Asociații assisted Emerson S.R.L., the Romanian subsidiary of Emerson Electric, one of the global players in the manufacturing and technology sector, in respect of the separation of the activity of Emerson Network Power for the purpose of its transfer to the American investment fund Platinum Equity. The transaction was ... READ MORE
- December 12, 2016 Bucharest, 6 December 2016 – Bucharest Court of Appeal (CAB) – 8th Administrative and Fiscal Dispute Division admitted the motion of Sig Sauer GmbH & Co KG to annul Competition Council Decision no. 44/2014, by which Sig Sauer was sanctioned by civil fine in amount of over RON 7 million. The German company, established in 1853, is one ... READ MORE
- December 6, 2016 Bucharest, 29 November 2016 – Bucharest Tribunal (TMB) – 6th Civil Division, admitted, in accordance with the provisions of Article 7 para. (3) of Law No. 11/1991 on the repression of unfair competition, a motion for issuing a preliminary injunction by which it provisionally ordered the cessation of the deeds meant to divert competition by using trade ... READ MORE
- October 24, 2016 Bucharest, 20 October 2016 – Societatea Română de Televiziune, represented by Mușat & Asociații, has finally won the trial initiated by a natural person who requested the court to restore the ownership right on the land on which Televiziunea Română is located. After more than 5 years from the outset of the trial, Bucharest Tribunal dismissed the ... READ MORE
- October 21, 2016 Bucharest, 5th of October 2016 – The Financial Supervisory Authority, represented by Mușat & Asociații, has won the court action that the Property Fund initiated in the attempt to obtain the Authority’s approval for changing the fee agreed with the Fund manager, Franklin Templeton Investment Management Ltd. The dispute was started in 2012, i.e. two years after ... READ MORE
- August 25, 2016 Bucharest, 9th of August 2016: Tens of physicians participated in the seminar organised in Bucharest by Muşat & Asociaţii, “”The Medical Profession – Opportunities and challenges in the current legislative context”. The event is dedicated both to physicians in the public health system, and to those in the private system. “We considered extremely important, especially in the current context ... READ MORE
- August 25, 2016 Bucharest, 2nd of August 2016: Over the past years, Mușat & Asociații stood by Mr. Andrei Ursu in his steps, supporting, along with his team of lawyers, the efforts of the Official Prosecutor’s Office to shed light on the circumstances of the death of his father. “The legal arguments and the evidence made available to the military prosecutors ... READ MORE
10th edition 2015
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.