Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- January 18, 2018 Bucharest, 18 January: Mușat & Asociații is part of the legal team advising Spectrum Brands Unit, a $5 billion consumer products company, in connection with the $2 billion sale of its global battery and portable lightning business to Energizer Holding Inc., one of the world’s largest manufacturers of primary batteries and portable lighting products. The ... READ MORE
- January 12, 2018 Bucharest, 11 January 2018: Mușat & Asociații advised Penta Investments, a Central European investment fund, on the acquisition of A&D Pharma by Dr.Max, one of the biggest pharmacy chains in CEE, owned by Penta Investments The value of the transaction has not been disclosed by the parties involved and shall be completed after the approval of ... READ MORE
- July 12, 2017 Bucharest, 11 July 2017: Mușat & Asociații has gained a very important victory in court, in the litigation promoted by the Association for Urbanistic Protection of Cluj in order to cancel the administrative documents issued by the Cluj Napoca Local Council in favour of Cyane SRL (Zonal Urban Plan, Detailed Urban Plan and Construction Permits) ... READ MORE
- June 28, 2017 Bucharest, 28 June 2017: Mușat & Asociații has successfully represented Judge Georgiana Pulbere, with Constanta Court of Appeal, in a litigation against the National Integrity Agency (NIA). This reference victory comes after four other case files won by the law firm in the last years, successes achieved in the cancelation of the assessment reports prepared ... READ MORE
- March 23, 2017 Bucharest, 22 March 2017: Mușat & Asociații announces the continuation of the program “Mentor”, by means of which it invites all future lawyers to participate in paid internships within the firm. Developed together with the Faculty of Law within Bucharest University, through Law Students Association, the educational program offers its student the possibility to integrate ... READ MORE
- March 16, 2017 Bucharest, 15 March 2017: Mușat & Asociații law firm extends its management structure, promoting another four attorneys as Partners, starting from 1 March 2017. With a vast professional and management experience, prior to this appointment, the new promoted Partners were part of the firm’s Managing Associates team. The four new Partners are: Vlad Cordea, Bogdan… READ MORE
- February 17, 2017 Bucharest, 16 February 2017: Mușat & Asociații consolidates its collaboration with Emerson by the assistance provided to Emerson Oradea S.R.L., one of the Romanian subsidiaries of Emerson Electric, world leader in the field of production and technology, in respect of the separation of the activities related to the Leroy – Somer and Control Techniques divisions ... READ MORE
- January 30, 2017 Bucharest, 27 January 2017: Numerous entrepreneurs, Chief Operating Officers, Financial Managers and tax specialists within large companies in Romania have found out from Mușat & Asociații – Tax Advisory experts which are the most controversial subjects in the tax field at the beginning of the year. During the conference organised in Bucharest, on the subject “2017 ... READ MORE
- January 12, 2017 Bucureşti, 26 Ianuarie 2017 – Află cum te afectează cele mai recente schimbări privind simplificarea sarcinilor administrative în materie de TVA, precum şi armonizarea fiscală la nivel european. Eşti interesat să înţelegi care sunt noile tendinţe în abordarea inspecţiilor fiscale şi ce ne aşteaptă în anii care vin din punct de vedere al taxelor? READ MORE
- December 22, 2016 Bucharest, 14 December 2016 – Mușat & Asociații assisted Emerson S.R.L., the Romanian subsidiary of Emerson Electric, one of the global players in the manufacturing and technology sector, in respect of the separation of the activity of Emerson Network Power for the purpose of its transfer to the American investment fund Platinum Equity. The transaction was ... READ MORE
11th edition 2016
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.