Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- July 7, 2016 Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU. What is likely to happen – an end to ... READ MORE
- October 9, 2015 Bucharest, October 9th, 2015 – Muşat & Asociaţii has been dominating for 8 years IFLR 1000 rankings, the position as leader of the Romanian legal market being reconfirmed by the 2016 edition. Muşat & Asociaţii is recognized as the number 1 law firm in all practice areas analyzed – Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking & Finance, ... READ MORE
- February 1, 2016 Bucharest, 1st of February 2016 – MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII has appointed two new partners to the leading structure of the Law Firm. Angela Mare and Paul Buta have a wealth of experience in the legal profession and are recognized leaders in their practice areas. Thus, the Muşat & Asociaţii team now has 21 partners and ... READ MORE
- April 27, 2016 Bucharest, 27th of April 2016: Muşat & Asociaţii, initiator of the Romanian business law, launched “Muşat & Asociaţii Mentor” today, a program aimed to answer the educational needs of tomorrow’s society. Developed in partnership with the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest, through the Association of Law Students, “Muşat & Asociaţii Mentor” offers ... READ MORE
- May 12, 2016 Bucharest, 10th of May 2016: Muşat şi Asociaţii, initiator of the Romanian business law, has successfully represented Societatea Română de Televiziune in an international commercial arbitration regarding the request for claims in amount of approximately 5 million EUR filed by the American film production and licensing company New Films International Inc. On 5th of May 2016, ... READ MORE
- July 5, 2016 Bucharest, 5th of July 2016: The High Court of Cassation and Justice (HCCJ) – Administrative and Fiscal Litigation Division admitted the second appeal by which Electrolux România S.A. requested the suspension of the enforcement of Decision of the Competition Council no. 10/2014, by which Electrolux România was sanctioned by civil fine in amount of over ... READ MORE
- March 28, 2016 Bucharest, 28th of March 2016 – Muşat & Asociaţii represented the Financial Supervisory Authority in the dispute over the claims made by Rst Media. The Magistrates of the Bucharest Court of Appeal accepted the Financial Supervisory Authority’s second appeal against the first instance court’s decision and, as a result of the retrial, they dismissed all of ... READ MORE
- January 28, 2016 Bucharest, January 28th, 2016 – Mușat & Asociații assisted Premier Capital in the acquisition of McDonald’s local operations, transaction which included all 67 McDonald’s restaurants in Romania, 19 McCafé coffee shops and the local McDonald’s franchise. Mușat & Asociații team was involved in all the stages of the acquisition process – both in the negotiations conducted ... READ MORE
- March 13, 2015 “The Lawyer award arrives at a particularly important moment for the history and evolution of Muşat & Asociaţii in the Romanian business law market – our 25th anniversary – and is the European-level recognition of our law firm’s achievements in 2014, as well as of the quality standards upheld throughout this time. The credit for ... READ MORE
- February 4, 2015 CRH plc (“CRH”) announced today that it has entered into a binding commitment to acquire certain assets from Lafarge S.A. (“Lafarge”) and Holcim Ltd (“Holcim”) for an enterprise value of EUR 6.5bn. The acquisition takes place in the context of the planned merger of Holcim and Lafarge. The worldwide lead legal adviser to CRH plc. ... READ MORE
10th edition 2015
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Available in English, “Doing Business in Romania”® includes a thorough analysis structured on areas of interest such as mergers & acquisitions, privatizations, banking, energy & natural resources, company law, competition, intellectual property, telecommunications & IT, labour law, fiscal law, capital markets, real estate law, environmental law, as well as in litigations & commercial arbitrations.
“Doing Business in Romania”® is a duly registered trademark belonging to Muşat & Asociaţii, conferring exclusive rights therein, including the right to prohibit by civil and criminal means any unauthorized third party from using this trademark in the course of trade in any manner which impinges on the rights of Muşat & Asociaţii as trademark proprietor.