Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- August 25, 2016 Bucharest, 9th of August 2016: Tens of physicians participated in the seminar organised in Bucharest by Muşat & Asociaţii, “”The Medical Profession – Opportunities and challenges in the current legislative context”. The event is dedicated both to physicians in the public health system, and to those in the private system. “We considered extremely important, especially in the current context ... READ MORE
- August 25, 2016 Bucharest, 2nd of August 2016: Over the past years, Mușat & Asociații stood by Mr. Andrei Ursu in his steps, supporting, along with his team of lawyers, the efforts of the Official Prosecutor’s Office to shed light on the circumstances of the death of his father. “The legal arguments and the evidence made available to the military prosecutors ... READ MORE
- July 7, 2016 Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU. What is likely to happen – an end to ... READ MORE
- July 5, 2016 Bucharest, 5th of July 2016: The High Court of Cassation and Justice (HCCJ) – Administrative and Fiscal Litigation Division admitted the second appeal by which Electrolux România S.A. requested the suspension of the enforcement of Decision of the Competition Council no. 10/2014, by which Electrolux România was sanctioned by civil fine in amount of over ... READ MORE
- May 12, 2016 Bucharest, 10th of May 2016: Muşat şi Asociaţii, initiator of the Romanian business law, has successfully represented Societatea Română de Televiziune in an international commercial arbitration regarding the request for claims in amount of approximately 5 million EUR filed by the American film production and licensing company New Films International Inc. On 5th of May 2016, ... READ MORE
- April 27, 2016 Bucharest, 27th of April 2016: Muşat & Asociaţii, initiator of the Romanian business law, launched “Muşat & Asociaţii Mentor” today, a program aimed to answer the educational needs of tomorrow’s society. Developed in partnership with the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest, through the Association of Law Students, “Muşat & Asociaţii Mentor” offers ... READ MORE
- March 28, 2016 Bucharest, 28th of March 2016 – Muşat & Asociaţii represented the Financial Supervisory Authority in the dispute over the claims made by Rst Media. The Magistrates of the Bucharest Court of Appeal accepted the Financial Supervisory Authority’s second appeal against the first instance court’s decision and, as a result of the retrial, they dismissed all of ... READ MORE
- February 1, 2016 Bucharest, 1st of February 2016 – MUŞAT & ASOCIAŢII has appointed two new partners to the leading structure of the Law Firm. Angela Mare and Paul Buta have a wealth of experience in the legal profession and are recognized leaders in their practice areas. Thus, the Muşat & Asociaţii team now has 21 partners and ... READ MORE
- January 28, 2016 Bucharest, January 28th, 2016 – Mușat & Asociații assisted Premier Capital in the acquisition of McDonald’s local operations, transaction which included all 67 McDonald’s restaurants in Romania, 19 McCafé coffee shops and the local McDonald’s franchise. Mușat & Asociații team was involved in all the stages of the acquisition process – both in the negotiations conducted ... READ MORE
- November 6, 2015 Bucharest, November 6th, 2015 – Muşat & Asociaţii successfully initiated the insolvency proceedings of Asesoft International, one of the most important companies in the IT sector, with a turnover of over RON 100 million, for a debt resulting from a contract between professionals. Within this litigation, pending before the court ever since August 2014, Muşat & Asociaţii represented ... READ MORE
10th edition 2015
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.