Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- December 6, 2018 MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII shall promote two new Partners within Litigation department, namely Mrs. Elena Cîrlig and Mrs. Paula Neculae, each with an extensive experience in litigation, both as (former) magistrate, and also as attorneys. Mrs. Elena Cîrlig career begun as attorney with Brașov Bar, and afterwards as judge with Făgăraș Court of Law, with Alba-Iulia Court ... READ MORE
- November 13, 2018 Bucharest, 12th November 2018 – MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII hosted the first of a series of round table events centred on privacy topics and invited experts from Facebook to share their experience as regards GDPR & e-Privacy and their implementation approach. The event was meant to raise awareness around recent privacy announcements and listen to stakeholder feedback.The ... READ MORE
- September 26, 2018 Bucharest, September 26th 2018: MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII significantly expands its IP, Litigation & Arbitration, Data Protection and Cyber Security, Labour Law and Restructuring & Insolvency teams by co-opting 7 lawyers and opening 14 new positions for the following period of 2018. MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII has managed to stand out this year due to its sustained development ... READ MORE
- September 25, 2018 On 28 June 2018, the Bucharest Tribunal ruled on an application for interlocutory injunction by firstly ruling through Judgment no. 1557/2018 on the standing to bring legal proceedings of an anti-piracy agency mandated by several holders of copyright and neighbouring rights to initiate proceedings in their name and on their behalf. In the case at hand, ... READ MORE
- August 8, 2018 A novelty to the Romanian labour legislation is brought by the provisions of the recently published Law no. 176/2018 on internship (the “Internship Law”) which shall enter into force as of 18th August 2018. The Internship Law regulates the general framework for the performance of internship programs, imposing also several restrictions concerning, among others, the activities allowed ... READ MORE
- August 8, 2018 Law no. 202/2002 on the equality of chances and treatment between women and men has been recently amended by Law no. 178/2018, respectively Law no. 232/2018. Law no. 178/2018 introduces two new occupations in the field of equality of chances and treatment between women and men, respectively the “expert in equality of chances” and “technician ... READ MORE
- June 25, 2018 Bucharest, 21 June 2018: The litigation team of MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII law firm won in court, by a final ruling, a case with special cultural resonance after supporting “Vasile Alecsandri” Cultural and Scientific Society from Bacau and the Ministry of Culture and National Identity in maintaining the classification as historical monument for “Vasile Alecsandri” Memorial ... READ MORE
- June 19, 2018 Bucharest, 19.06.2018: International companies, as well as top-ranked domestic companies activating in various sectors, such as: pharmaceutical, retail, white goods, automotive and TMT sectors, are assisted and represented by lawyers of MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII, both within complex projects, such as the implementation at the company level of the whole set of measures necessary to comply ... READ MORE
- June 11, 2018 Bucharest, 11.06.2018: Mușat & Asociații was conferred the “Deal of the year 2017 in Romania” award at the CEE Legal Matters awards banquet, one of the most prominent European debate and networking events for legal practitioners. The “Deal of the year 2017 in Romania” award was conferred for one of the most important client matters of ... READ MORE
- May 8, 2018 The increased interest and the frequent questions capture the concern of the local business environment Brașov, 8 May 2018: Prominent representatives of the business environment in Brașov attended on Monday, 7 May, the Data Protection Conference, organized by Mușat & Asociații Attorneys-at-Law, in partnership with Brașov Chamber of Commerce and Industry, on the new European Personal ... READ MORE
11th edition 2016
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.