Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- March 27, 2020 1. Urgent legal measures requiring enforcement in the construction field Having in view the constraints and economic implications expected to affect the construction field as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic crisis, the Employers’ Federation of Building Companies – FPSC – has requested the Romanian Government to undertake urgent legal measures for the benefit of ... READ MORE
- March 26, 2020 CORONAVIRUS: CERTIFICATES REGARDING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY. HOW CAN COMPANIES OBTAIN THEM? In these unprecedented, difficult times, the Romanian Government and businesses are working together to address the economic challenges of the strict containment restrictions put in place to limit the spread of the Coronavirus. As part of the Government plan, the Ministry of Economy, Energy and ... READ MORE
- March 26, 2020 Consumer protection authorities are on high alert: Companies under intense scrutiny on pricing issues As consumer demand for various products increases, fueled by the Coronavirus outbreak, so could prices. The National Authority for Consumer Protection stressed that they are closely monitoring the Romanian market and that they created special teams to prevent any actions that could breach ... READ MORE
- March 24, 2020 Coronavirus: Government aids small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with multiannual program According to the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 29/2020 regarding certain economic and fiscal-budgetary measures, the Ministry of Public Finance will implement a multi-annual program for supporting the SMEs in order to mitigate the effects of the COVID – 19 spread, by guaranteeing loans and subsidizing ... READ MORE
- March 20, 2020 In the context of the crisis generated by the COVID-19 global widespread, the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) has published a Statement on the processing of personal data in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak, which may be accessed here. The main guidelines the Board established refer to the following aspects: data controllers shall continue to ensure ... READ MORE
- March 19, 2020 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. READ MORE
- March 16, 2020 Leading Romanian law firm Mușat & Asociații acted as legal counsel to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on a Euro 16 million facility granted to TeraPlast Group, one of the leading Romanian producers of materials for installation, construction and design markets. The senior loans granted by EBRD will finance the implementation of the ... READ MORE
- March 13, 2020 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. READ MORE
- February 11, 2020 Iulian Popescu, Deputy Managing Partner and head of Musat & Asociatii’s Energy & Natural Resources practice, spoke at the Power & Energy Tech Exhibition and Conference Vision 2030 – PETEC 2019 on 2 December 2019. The role of natural gas and renewables in a fast-evolving energy market towards achieving the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals was the main theme of ... READ MORE
- January 21, 2020 Bucharest, 21 January 2020 Mușat & Asociații announces the promotion of nine lawyers across the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Healthcare & Pharma, Taxation and Litigation & Arbitration practice areas, effective as of January 2020. The promotions come as a recognition of their constant contribution to the success of the projects they advised on and of ... READ MORE
Download Now the 20th edition 2018
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.