Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- February 27, 2019 Anti-Corruption - Chapter Romania Definitive law guide offering comparative analysis from top ranked lawyers - 2019 The ‘Law & Practice’ sections provide easily accessible information on navigating the legal system when conducting business in the jurisdiction. Leading lawyers explain local law and practice at key transactional stages and for crucial aspects of doing business.… READ MORE
- January 16, 2019 MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII law firm announces the promotion of Partners Paul Buta, Iulian Popescu and Răzvan Stoicescu as Deputy Managing Partners, starting with January 2019. Being highly regarded within the firm, Paul, Iulian and Răzvan have proven a strong entrepreneurial mindset, contributing significantly to the position of MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII on the market, to promoting its ... READ MORE
- January 8, 2019 Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc. has successfully completed the sale of its battery and lighting equipment business to Energizer Holdings Inc., once all the necessary conditions and regulations have been fulfilled. The agreement worth $2 billion in cash was completed in early January 2019. As imposed by such a large transaction, the involved parties received first-class legal ... READ MORE
- December 6, 2018 MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII shall promote two new Partners within Litigation department, namely Mrs. Elena Cîrlig and Mrs. Paula Neculae, each with an extensive experience in litigation, both as (former) magistrate, and also as attorneys. Mrs. Elena Cîrlig career begun as attorney with Brașov Bar, and afterwards as judge with Făgăraș Court of Law, with Alba-Iulia Court ... READ MORE
- November 24, 2018 Doing Business in Romania 20th edition 2018 “Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania. Available in English, “Doing Business in Romania”® includes a… READ MORE
- November 13, 2018 Bucharest, 12th November 2018 – MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII hosted the first of a series of round table events centred on privacy topics and invited experts from Facebook to share their experience as regards GDPR & e-Privacy and their implementation approach. The event was meant to raise awareness around recent privacy announcements and listen to stakeholder feedback.The ... READ MORE
- September 26, 2018 Bucharest, September 26th 2018: MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII significantly expands its IP, Litigation & Arbitration, Data Protection and Cyber Security, Labour Law and Restructuring & Insolvency teams by co-opting 7 lawyers and opening 14 new positions for the following period of 2018. MUȘAT & ASOCIAȚII has managed to stand out this year due to its sustained development ... READ MORE
- September 25, 2018 On 28 June 2018, the Bucharest Tribunal ruled on an application for interlocutory injunction by firstly ruling through Judgment no. 1557/2018 on the standing to bring legal proceedings of an anti-piracy agency mandated by several holders of copyright and neighbouring rights to initiate proceedings in their name and on their behalf. In the case at hand, ... READ MORE
- August 8, 2018 A novelty to the Romanian labour legislation is brought by the provisions of the recently published Law no. 176/2018 on internship (the “Internship Law”) which shall enter into force as of 18th August 2018. The Internship Law regulates the general framework for the performance of internship programs, imposing also several restrictions concerning, among others, the activities allowed ... READ MORE
- August 8, 2018 Law no. 202/2002 on the equality of chances and treatment between women and men has been recently amended by Law no. 178/2018, respectively Law no. 232/2018. Law no. 178/2018 introduces two new occupations in the field of equality of chances and treatment between women and men, respectively the “expert in equality of chances” and “technician ... READ MORE
Download Now the 20th edition 2018
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.