Bucharest, 3 August 2023
Musat & Asociatii advised Adesgo SA, the biggest producer of seamless underclothing in Romania in connection with the sale of its business related to the manufacturing, marketing and selling of seamless apparel to Tefron Europe, part of an Israeli group, developer and manufacturer of seamless products, recently entered to the Romanian market. The deal was signed in March and closed beginning of this week.
“I am happy to see everybody’s efforts leading to a successful transaction. I am thankful to all the parties involved in this transaction – Tefron Europe and Firon Bar-Nir – and our lawyers from Musat & Asociatii for the impeccable cooperation and amazing teamwork during the last year. We deeply appreciate the commitment and exceptional legal skills of Musat & Asociatii team through all the steps of the transaction, their contribution was invaluable to this project. We are now looking forward to seeing Adesgo, one of Romania’s traditional brands, in its new development and growth stage. We are confident that, following this strategic move, Adesgo will continue to be strongly active on the Romanian market with its brand Diamond, the market leader in hosiery and legwear”, declared Raanan Sobel, Sole Administrator of Adesgo.
“Congratulations to Adesgo team and many thanks to Mr. Sobel for the trust invested in our team and for working side by side with us whenever it was needed! It was an honor to be part of this landmark mandate involving Adesgo, a company with a history that traces back 100 years. We thank our Israeli colleagues from FISCHER (FBC & Co.) for such a good team work and also to Tefron Europe’s legal advisors from Firon Bar-Nir, for their professional approach and efforts to bring this deal to its closing”, declared Monia Dobrescu, Partner Musat&Asociatii.
Musat & Asociatii team was coordinated by Partner Monia Dobrescu and Managing Associate Madalina Trifan. Experienced lawyers like Managing Associate Alina Man, Managing Associate Simona Anton and Senior Associate Cristian Cepesi were part of the legal team.
About Mușat & Asociații
Mușat & Asociații stands for the highest level of expertise and commitment in assisting clients in their business. Mușat & Asociații provides consulting services in all business law areas, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Privatization, Real Estate, Banking, Energy & Natural Resources, Competition, Corporate, Telecommunications & IT, Labour, Tax, Capital Markets, Environmental Law, Litigation & Commercial Arbitration and Criminal Law.
Recognized as one of the pillars of Romania’s business law practice, Mușat & Asociații is constantly recommended by international specialized publications (Chambers & Partners, International Financial Law Review, Legal 500 etc.) as a leading law firm in Romania. Besides, many of its attorneys have been nominated by such publications among the elite of business law in Romania.
- 2023: Mușat & Asociații has been named for the second consecutive year winner of the Eastern Europe Firm of the Year award at the LMG Life Sciences Awards EMEA 2023, which took place on 13 July in London. LMG Life Sciences is one of the most prestigious legal guides that centralizes the leading law firms and lawyers working in the life sciences sector (biotech, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, dietary supplements, food, cosmetics, etc.).
- 2022: Mușat & Asociații was the winner of the award “Eastern Europe Law Firm of the Year” during the gala organized in London by LMG Life Sciences, one of the most prestigious international guides which awards the law firms and lawyers behind some of the most innovative and challenging projects in the EMEA, USA and Canada, together with its sister companies International Financial Law Review, Benchmark Litigation, Managing IP, Expert Guides și ITR.
- 2022: Mușat & Asociații won the „Best Law Firm in M&A, Litigation and Pharma” awards, a distinction handed out by during the Romanian Legal Awards Gala, by the reputed publisher “Legal Marketing”. This was the third time when Mușat & Asociații won the trophy for the Mergers & Acquisitions practice area after 2020 and 2019, the year when Musat & Asociatii was designated the Romanian Law Firm of the Year.
- 2019: Mușat & Asociații won the “Law Firm of the Year in Romania” award, a distinction handed out by the “The Times Legal Innovation, as well as awards for the areas of practice: Mergers and Acquisitions/Privatization, Infrastructure and PPP/Public Procurement and Criminal Law.
- 2018: Mușat & Asociații was awarded by prestigious magazine, CEE Legal Matters, for the largest M&A Pharma transaction in Romania (Dr. Max acquisition of A&D Pharma group). Also in 2018, The Times legal Innovation granted awards for the areas of practice: Mergers and Acquisitions/Privatization, Infrastructure and PPP/Public Procurement and Criminal Law.
- 2016: Mușat & Asociații received the award for the largest transaction in the energy field, for assistance granted to Sterling Resources in the process of sale of operations in Romania to Carlyle International Energy Partners, as well as the award for the largest HORECA transaction for assisting Premier Capital in purchasing McDonald’s in Romania (awards granted by Ziarul Financiar, during the Attorney Gala).
- 2015: Mușat & Asociații won the “Law Firm of the Year in Romania” award, a distinction handed out annually by the reputed British publisher “The Lawyer”.
- 2013: Mușat & Asociații was appointed “Law Firm of the Year in Romania” by International Financial Law Review (IFLR), and this was the second time when the firm was granted this prestigious award, after the distinction received in 2011 (when Romania was included for the first time on the list of countries nominated for the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) awards).
- 2012: Mușat & Asociații won the Gold Award for the “Best Law Firm in Central and Eastern Europe”, an accolade awarded by the 2012 International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards, and in 2011, the renowned publication Chambers Europe awarded the “Romanian Law Firm of the Year” trophy to Mușat & Asociații, the law firm with the best performance in Romania, during the “Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2011” gala.