Areas of practice: Public Procurement & PPP/Infrastructure, Energy & Natural Resources, Environment, Corporate & Commercial Law, Insurance
Phone: +40 21 202 59 00
Fax: +40 21 223 04 95
Address: 43 Aviatorilor Boulevard, 1st District, Code 011853, Bucharest, Romania
Ana Maria gained an extended experience and stands out as a dynamic and skillful lawyer in providing legal assistance and advice to our clients in various areas, including Infrastructure and PPP/Public Procurement, Environmental Law, Energy and Natural Resources, Telecommunications, IT and Data Protection.
Ana Maria has successfully handled an impressive number of complex and large-scale cases for a diverse clientele. She has represented leading national and international companies, taking a personalized approach to each case, handling with passion and attention to details all mandates assigned by our clients, respectively focusing always on bringing innovative strategies and practical solutions to client issues.
Ana Maria has particular expertise in sectors including construction, transportation, media, technology and civil/military equipment and infrastructure. Her practice also includes a strong focus on environmental law, but also on TMT, IT & Data protection regulatory matters and compliance.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Droit International et Européen des Affaires (Admitted 2013);
- Law Degree – University of Bucharest (2013);
- Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Collège Juridique franco-roumain d’études européennes (Licence, 2012)
- Experience within Muşat & Asociaţii: 11 years
- Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii – 2024 to date
- Managing Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2020-2023
- Senior Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2017-2020.
- Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2013-2017.
- English, French and Romanian
Recent relevant mandates include advising/representing:
- A Turkish top international contractor, active in the areas of construction and infrastructure (e.g. highways, airports, dams, tunnels, bridges), in matters pertaining to the participation and implementation of major public construction works in Romania in cooperation with public authorities, e.g. the National Railway Company (in Romanian, “CFR”), Metrorex S.A., the National Road Infrastructure Management Company (in Romanian, “CNAIR”), the National Investment Company (in Romanian, “CNI”) and the Intercommunity Development Association for Metropolitan Infrastructure.
- A Romanian leading company that offers technical and engineering services in connection with various acquisition and implementation projects as the public acquisition projects ongoing with the Romanian Ministry of Defence or other main public authorities, in relation to all stages of the procedure, including in relation to the completion of the procedure and the execution of the procurement contract, as well as in relation to the maintenance of the complex participation structure and compliance with multi-jurisdictional requirements, military regulatory provisions and in relation to agreements to be concluded with foreign and local partners.
- A major Turkish commercial vehicles manufacturer, in various local acquisition and implementation projects for delivery of electric buses to municipalities aimed at modernising the public transport infrastructure in the biggest cities of Romania. All of this client mandates are particularly complex due to their substantial value and significance for the Romanian transport system and modernisation of the car park by the largest cities.
- A leading German retailer (part of Schwarz-Group) in the field of FMCG in various energy related projects, such as installation of its own electricity production units on the rooftops of its retail stores, installation of electrical stations for recharge of electric vehicles, securing of various endorsements for the purpose of operating such, as well as for related operations for ensuring predictable energy supply on their entire retail network in Romania caused by the recent energy crisis as well as the conflict near Romanian borders, such as interactions with energy regulators and multiple rounds of negotiation with energy suppliers to secure stability of network supply.
- A global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services, through its subsidiary (global leader in high-end resin technology and services, operating in more than 30 countries) in the development of various potential transactions and projects with the local Romanian authorities in connection with the development of a waste water treatment plant, as well as assistance and representation in various environmental law and regulatory matters.
- A subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, in connection with the participation in two major sectoral procurement procedures organized by the Natural Gas Transmission Company TRANSGAZ SA Mediaş: Bulgaria-Romania-Hungary-
Austria project and Moldova project, aimed to insure Romanian gas connection with the member states envisaged by these projects.
- The giant American online social media and social networking service company based in California and one of the “Big Four” technology companies along with Amazon, Apple, and Google, with more than 2.3 billion monthly active users, on various legal matters pertaining to current and future norms related to EU law covering fixed and wireless telecoms, as well as internet, broadcasting and transmission services.
- A local company with over 20 years of experience in the field of construction and engineering, in connection with the public procurement procedure organized by the National Road Infrastructure Management Company (in Romanian, “CNAIR”), for the attribution of the framework agreement having as object “Design and execution Extension to 4 lanes DN 7 Baldana – Titu km 30 + 950 – 52 + 350”, in particular by providing legal representation at all stages of litigation and before the European Court of Justice in Case C-267/18, obtaining a favourable solution for the client.
- Romanian Bar Association (Admitted 2013)