Our Mergers & Acquisitions and Privatisations practice has been representing clients in acquisitions and dispositions in a wide range of industries, including those that are highly regulated, for almost 30 years. The firm’s industry acumen is broad and deep, and draws its strengths from our legal practice as a whole, including our firm’s leading corporate, finance, regulatory and litigation practices.
Our expertise encompasses all types of M&A transactions, both on a local and global basis, including
- acquisitions, mergers and divestitures,
- cross-border transactions,
- take-private transactions,
- joint ventures, or
- privatization based acquisitions, where our firm has gained unparalleled expertise in dealing with the Romanian State, Ministries and public institutions, in a wide variety of contexts, including competitive auctions, or exclusive transactions, having been involved in almost all key privatizations in Romania.
Another strong point of our Mergers & Acquisitions and Privatisations practice is its comprehensive understanding of the corporate governance aspects of M&A transactions. Our corporate and litigation teams effectively counsel on an ongoing basis shareholders, and boards of directors in difficult and sensitive circumstances, in a variety of contexts, in both private and public deals.
The firm’s M&A clients include:
- public and private companies, ranging from blue chip multinational corporations to local companies,
- private equity and other financers, including venture capital, and sovereign funds, or
- boards of directors of private, or public companies.