Areas of practice: Restructuring & Insolvency/ Bankruptcy, Dispute Resolution, Corporate & Commercial Law, Employment
Phone: +40 21 202 59 10
Fax: +40 21 223 04 95
Address: 43 Aviatorilor Boulevard, 1st District, Code 011853, Bucharest, Romania
Mr Mihai Popa joined Muşat & Asociaţii in 2005 and gathered remarkable expertise in assisting clients throughout all the steps of reorganization and insolvency, including judicial and voluntary reorganization, pre-insolvency proceedings, bankruptcy and liquidation, asset recovery and/or negotiations with debtors and creditors. In addition, Mihai manages complex litigation files in the insolvency field, including recovery of receivables, cancellation of fraudulent acts, challenging the measures ordered by judicial receivers, successfully handling assignments entrusted by clients in a wide range of sectors, such as energy, constructions, pharma, retail or financial.
- Law degree, University of Bucharest (2005)
- Experience within Muşat & Asociaţii: 14 years
- Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii: 2016 to date
- Managing Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii 2013 – 2016
- Senior Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii 2009 – 2013
- Associate, Muşat & Asociaţii 2005 – 2009
- English, French and Romanian
A selection of Mihai’s recent mandates include advising/representing:
- The largest Romanian heating power producer during the voluntary winding-up as the last stage of reorganization.
- A Dutch multinational company, specialized in financial and banking services within the insolvency procedure regarding one of the largest State-owned companies in the chemical industry.
- Retained as judicial administrator of one of the largest local companies in the construction sector (formerly owned by the Romanian State) during the insolvency procedure.
- The Romanian subsidiary of the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment in more than 30 cases involving enforcement procedures for the repossession of industrial equipments and insolvency procedures against its Romanian debtors,
- A leading French company acting in the field of fire safety in connection with the insolvency procedure against the largest Romanian manufacturer of electronic security equipments (as debtor) for the recovery of significant commercial debts, as well as the repossession of equipment granted to the debtor.
- A global leader in the supply of aircraft, engines, OEM material and asset management services in relation to the recovery of a multimillions EURO commercial debts against a major low-cost airline carrier.
- A global health & care pharmaceutical and medical devices company in insolvency procedures against two Romanian health & care medical services companies in relation to the recovery of outstanding commercial debts and repossession of leased medical equipment
- A water supply services provider controlled by a local territorial authority in relation to the recovery of a multimillion euro commercial debt against its main debtor and its guarantor, both being well-known Romanian infrastructure contractors which are currently under insolvency proceedings
- The German national railway company in the insolvency proceeding initiated against three railway local manufacturers for the recovery of multimillion euro debts arisen from the performance of various services and supply agreements concluded between the parties
- An Italian based multinational company active in the field of waste water collection, treatment and disposal, during insolvency procedure against a Romanian debtor following a multi million commercial litigation
- A water supply services provider controlled by a local territorial authority in relation to the recovery of a multimillion euro commercial debt against its main debtor and its guarantor, both being well-known Romanian infrastructure contractors which are currently under insolvency proceedings.
- Romanian Bar Association (Admitted 2005)
- National Insolvency Practitioners Association (Admitted 2012)