Bucharest, 7 October 2013 – Muşat & Asociaţii continues to dominate the IFLR 1000 ranking, holding the lead in all areas of practice subject to review – Banking & Capital Markets , Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Finance.
“The first position in the 2014 IFLR ranking is an acknowledgment of Muşat & Asociaţii’s professional achievements in the last year, reached as a result of its involvement in prominent projects and transactions which were successfully completed. In an economic environment that remains challenging, where investors are still cautious in terms of financial resource allocation and the banking system experiences the effects of the crisis, our client portfolio increased by an average of 25-30%. Muşat & Asociaţii has thus remained a leading player on the Romanian business law market”, said Mona Muşat, Managing Partner, Muşat & Asociaţii.
In addition, Gheorghe Muşat (Senior Partner), Mona Muşat (Managing Partner) and Miruna Suciu (Partner) are recommended by IFLR 1000 as “leading lawyers ” in the researched areas of practice, based on the projects they managed, but also on the feed-back received from our clients.
The International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR), the international legal guide specializing in the analysis of law firms’ performances, in the Finance & Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets sectors, provides rankings for over 120 jurisdictions worldwide, among which Romania, based on projects managed by law firms in the past 12 months, as well as on recognition from their clients. The selection criteria underlying the study are: quality of legal advice, innovative approach to legal projects, complexity of projects and of the legal assistance provided, as well as experience of attorneys.
In the 2014 rankings, recently published by IFLR for Romania, there are two law firms, one of which is Muşat & Asociaţii that hold the top position in all areas of practice.
Muşat & Asociaţii continued to work, in 2013, in some of the highest-profile transactions conducted on the Romanian market. The reference projects include:
– legal assistance to the Ministry of Economy in the sale of a 10% stock of the shares in Nuclearelectrica , successfully closed at the end of September (transaction value: over EUR 63 million );
– legal advice granted to the Romanian Government/Ministry of Economy in relation to the public offer for the sale of 15% shares inTransgaz, a transaction successfully closed in April 2013 (transaction value of more than EUR 70 million ) and Transelectrica (transaction value of EUR 37 million ), respectively
– legal assistance for Sterling Resources , one of the world leading oil and gas companies, in connection with a loan facility of GBP 105 million, granted by a consortium of banks led by BNP PARIBAS;
– legal assistance provided to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure in the privatization of the Romanian Railway Freight Company CFR Marfa (transaction value: EUR 200 million);
– assistance to China Development Bank in financing amounting to more than EUR 80 million necessary for the development of a 35 MW photovoltaic park in Romania;
– legal assistance to Sterling Resources during negotiations and execution of the agreement for the transfer of its interests in various oil areas in the Black Sea;
– representing Abbot Laboratories USA (one of the leading medical companies worldwide) in structuring and implementing the spin-off of its Romanian division, into two companies specializing in the production of medicinal products and research in the pharma sector;
– Enel Green Power in the acquisition of 5 photovoltaic power projects, a project successfully completed in March 2013.