Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- May 30, 2022 Mușat & Asociații advised CATTED Group, a Romanian business group encompassing companies operating in the real estate sector, on a project financing granted by Libra Internet Bank for the development of the CATTED Family residential project. “We are pleased to have worked with Mușat & Asociații on financing CATTED Family, in the present, the largest residential ... READ MORE
- May 27, 2022 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language. Mușat & Asociații a organizat în data de 26 mai 2022 cea de-a patra ediţie a conferinţelor din seria „Parteneriat în insolvență – ... READ MORE
- May 20, 2022 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language. Institutul Național de Pregătire a Practicienilor în Insolvență (INPPI), în parteneriat cu Institutul Național al Magistraturii (INM) și editura Universul Juridic a organizat ... READ MORE
- May 19, 2022 We’re thrilled to have been named “Eastern Europe Firm of the Year” at the LMG Life Sciences Awards EMEA 2022 held on 12 May in London. A big congratulations to the entire Mușat & Asociații team for winning this award and a big thank you to our clients! We are also very proud that we were ... READ MORE
- May 9, 2022 Mușat & Asociații successfully advised the syndicate of banks comprised of Jefferies Finance LLC, J. P. Morgan and Danske Bank A/S, as lenders, on the Romanian law aspects involving the Romanian company BFG Packaging SRL, as part of the EUR 650 million financing of the multijurisdictional acquisition of four companies in the business-to-business (“B2B”) distribution ... READ MORE
- May 6, 2022 What? As explained in prior countdowns (see DLC countdown 12, DLC countdown 13 and DLC countdown 14) the notions of “active sales” (to actively target individual customers) and “passive sales” (to respond to unsolicited requests from individual customers) are pivotal to the world of vertical agreements. In principle, buyers should be allowed to actively and passively sell ... READ MORE
- May 6, 2022 What? One of the common types of distribution agreements are selective distribution agreements. In a system of selective distribution, the supplier undertakes to sell the contract goods or services, either directly or indirectly, only to distributors selected on the basis of specified criteria and these distributors undertake not to sell such goods or services to unauthorised ... READ MORE
- May 3, 2022 For the second year in a row, Muşat & Asociaţii authors the Lexology GTDT’s Labour & Employment chapter for Romania. Managing Associate Simona Anton and Senior Associate Evelina Mieisor-Grecu highlight key employment issues businesses should consider and give an overview of worker representation, hiring employees, including foreign workers, liability for acts of employees, taxation, employee-created ... READ MORE
- May 2, 2022 By Managing Associate Stefan Diaconescu Cybercrime is rapidly growing in numbers in the current economic and social context in which communication, trading, business meetings or shopping take place mostly online. Threats arising from cyberspace are more and more sophisticated, with recent surveys showing that persons who perpetrate frauds are becoming ever more adept at misleading companies, ... READ MORE
- April 26, 2022 What? Dual distribution occurs where a supplier sells goods or services both directly and through independent distributors, thereby competing with these independent distributors on the downstream market. A classic example would be that of a manufacturer of a clothing brand who sells these clothes in his own stores but also relies upon independent retailers to sell ... READ MORE
Download Now the 20th edition 2018
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.