Winner of the award “Law firm of the year in Romania” granted by The Lawyer
“This firm is unanimously recognized for the exceptional quality of its work.”
Winner of the award “National Law firm of the year” granted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
“Gold Award” for “Best Central and Eastern Europe Law Firm” granted by Legal Alliance Summit
Winner of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence “Romania Law Firm of the Year”
TIER 1 COMPANY
Mușat & Asociații is top-ranked by all the prestigious British publications – Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
Our diversified practice allows us to work for many major US and EU corporations, investing or doing business in Romania, most of which are listed in Fortune 100
The firm’s portfolio comprises over 2,500 clients, most of which are international corporations
- September 29, 2021 Congratulations to Managing Associate Stefan Diaconescu, winner of the Rising Star Award for Romania at the Rising Stars Awards EMEA 2021, awarded by Euromoney’s Legal Media Group, part of the prestigious IFLR1000 guide. The awards celebrate EMEA’s future legal leaders from law firms and in-house teams, recognizing rising star lawyers across 28 practice areas and 33 ... READ MORE
- May 7, 2021 Musat & Asociații’s Partner Monia Dobrescu has been named as one of 2021’s IFLR1000 Women Leaders, IFLR1000’s yearly guide to the leading women lawyers in the world, working in financial and corporate law. This year’s edition features an elite group of more than 750 women lawyers across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. According to IFLR, this is an ... READ MORE
- January 20, 2021 Musat & Asociatii advised tech giant Google LLC (Google) on all Romanian legal aspects of its acquisition of Fitbit for a total equity value of approximately USD 2.1 billion. Founded 13 years ago, Fitbit is currently one of the leading producers of smart health and fitness wearable devices, with more than 29 million active users worldwide ... READ MORE
- August 4, 2020 Banking Partner Monia Dobrescu writes about concepts of “Credit Institution” and “Bank”— Credit institution and the general procedure for the authorization of banks in Romania, in Thomson Reuters’ April 2020 edition of International Banking Law and Regulation, Romanian law chapter. You can read more HERE Reprinted from International Banking Law and Regulation (April 2020 update) with permission. Copyright © 2020 ... READ MORE
- May 22, 2020 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language. Autori: Mihai Popa, Deputy Managing Partener și Cristi Tudor, Managing Consultant Nu este o noutate faptul că pandemia COVID-19 își face resimțit impactul sever ... READ MORE
- May 20, 2020 Starting with 15th of May 2020, the state of emergency was replaced with the state of alert in Romania. Therefore, while the legislative context in continuous change is still imposing protective measures, the Romanian Government is looking to gradually relax the lockdown measures. 1. Measures impacting employment relationships (i) Employees must consent for telework. Telework/work from home ... READ MORE
- May 19, 2020 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language. Ordonanța de urgență nr. 69/2020 prin care Guvernul acordă bonificații pentru plata unor obligații fiscale, prorogă unele termene, precum și alte măsuri fiscale, ... READ MORE
- April 24, 2020 In the Official Gazette no. 319 dated 16 April 2020, the Emergency Government Ordinance no. 48/2020 on certain fiscal and financial measures was published, which provides new clarifications and tax facilities. In the following, we will present a short summary of the most important measures implemented through the legislative act: I. Extension of the deadline for the ... READ MORE
- April 23, 2020 On 21 April, within its Plenary Session, the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) adopted two essential guidelines on the major data processing activities performed in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic: Guidelines 04/2020 on the use of location data and contact tracing tools in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak (Guidelines 04/2020) and Guidelines 03/2020 ... READ MORE
- April 23, 2020 Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language. Autori: Mihai Popa, Deputy Managing Partner și Diana Dobromir, Senior Associate Epidemia cauzată de coronavirus a provocat tulburări majore pentru economia europeană și mondială, ... READ MORE
Download Now the 20th edition 2018
“Doing Business in Romania”® provides a comprehensive view of the Romanian legal framework from the perspective of the business environment, representing a valuable and unique instrument for companies and investors eager to start doing business in Romania.
Brexit would almost certainly have a short to medium term negative impact on international investors looking to deploy capital into UK but also on British investors and developers seeking to invest or trade with Romania and practically all of the remaining 27 members of the EU.
What is likely to happen – an end to free movement of people, goods and services as we know it, which could ultimately also affect the cost of doing business and impact the market in general.